Coal Harbour Real Estate Vancouver
Coal Harbour is the name for a section of Burrard Inlet lying between Vancouver, Canada’s downtown peninsula and the Brockton Peninsula of Stanley Park. It has also now become the name of the neighbourhood adjacent to its southern shoreline, which was redeveloped as an upscale high-rise condominium district in the 1990s.
The harbour is bounded by the Financial District to the south and Stanley Park to the north. To the east is Deadman’s Island, the site of the naval station and museum HMCS Discovery, where the harbour opens up to the Burrard Inlet. The discovery of coal in the harbour in 1862 inspired the name. Within the harbour is a floating gas station for marine vessels.
Coal Harbour is home to Vancouver Harbour Water Aerodrome, located a few blocks from Canada Place. Much of the area between Hastings Street and Georgia Street is part of the city’s business district and in the days when it was an upper-class residential district West Pender Street was known as Blueblood Alley because of the many large mansions along it. The six floating homes in Coal Harbour, along with the twelve in False Creek are the only legal floating homes in the city of Vancouver